Thursday, August 7, 2008

More progress


They've poured the footings for the garage...


...and now we have a framing package!


Just a random picture of the back property line.



Here's the beam that is going to span over the basement as shown in hot pink in the next picture.




Ut-Oh, the first flaw I've noticed...see how the one piece of wood is warped?
I will have to check after it is in place to see if I need to do anything about this.


But on the other hand, look at how cute and organized this framing package is!
All labeled and precut to lengths for our floor plan...Love it!



These are engineered floor joists, very strong and very convenient to work with.
We were using these on the townhomes my company was building in Utah. When my father-in-law came out and saw them (he's a builder, but in the commercial side of things in Florida), he wasn't to sure about them...he said they looked too much like plywood. I'm a big fan of them though. I was relieved that our builder (Centex) uses them, the builder down the street (Pulte) uses floor trusses. Not necessarily worse if done right, but I personally like these better.


If you look real hard you can see that empty lots in the neighborhood are pretty here, they turn into fields of wildflowers.


No comments:

where you readers come from