Friday, July 25, 2008

Utah Trip: Day 3

So, I have realized that I have kind of smudged up the days. So here is my disclaimer...all the pictures I have posted have been in chronological order, but my "Day 1", "Day 2", "Day 3" logic is kind of off. Just know that we started out for Grassy on Wednesday and went back home to Mom's on Saturday.

Another disclaimer: it is getting late here so beware that I will not be witty or intelligent in the least on this post, and likely not coherent.

Well, now that we have those out of the way...


This is my fantastic fire I coaxed out of the previous night's coals. Aren't I good? I eventually got it up to a nice morning bonfire.


I think this is one of my new favorite pictures of Shane. He and I were early morning buds and usually had some time together before the others woke up. Here he was still just a little too sleepy to pull one of his goofy faces, so it's just a genuine, sleepy smile. Love it!


Yeah, we fit four of us on a boat that really fits two. Go us.
This is Shane and Lane, but Curt and I were on the boat also.


Lane on Grassy Lake.


Curt fishin'


Shane fishin'


Curt and Lane swam across the lake; Curt swam back across while Lane walked back.


A bunch of our cousins.
Natasha, Shantelle, Kristy, and Karalee


You know those moments when you realize that your little siblings have grown up? Yeah, this represents one of those. Here is Lane in all of his adult-farmer-tan-buffness. Aaahhh, cute.


Shaners stirring up mud in the shallows.


The extended fam did a bunch of tie dyed stuff.


Lane represented our branch of the family...and represent he did.
You may notice in other pictures that we are a fully branded CAT family.


Poor Miles was one pooped dog.


Family softball game up in the meadow.


The huge combined family dinner on Friday night. Way fun.
Cindy and Justin planned this year's activities. They had a treasure hunt for the kids, movies each night for everybody, and...

...a super cool pinata for the grandkids and great-grandkids.


Shane made off with a haul.


Grandma and Grandpa with the kids.
Bev, Marsha, Roger, Dad, Shiela, Barbie, Cindy
Gene and June Losee


My Lane and Nina-pie.


Daddy.


Goofy Melynda.


Me, Curt and Nina.


Melynda and I.


Last sunrise while there.


Waterfall we passed on the way out of the mountains.



No comments:

where you readers come from