Monday, October 29, 2007

The Saturn

When I turned 16 I got a Saturn. I loved it and had it all through high school and college. I thought that I would have it forever as I was going to drive it until it died, and Saturn's last forever...just ask Shauna. But a year ago (give or take a day or two) I was stopped in traffic on my way home from work and SMASH, I was hit. It was raining hard so at first I though that someone just hadn't started stopping in time and maybe had hydroplaned into me. Turns out that the large Dodge truck the nice teenage boy was driving had just gotten out of the shop where they had "fixed" the brake problems that he had been having. Not so, his brakes had totally gone out. When all was said and done my car was totalled, and since we had just sold Curt's car two weeks previously we had zero cars (not so fantastic).

It held up pretty well for having been hit by a large truck coming at a high speed. I didn't even have whiplash the next day, what an awesome car.




So my mom gave us my brother's car (we were glad to have it even though it was stinky) until we got a new one. We went searching; nothing in the valley looked good; added to that we ran into some very sleazy sales people (hair slicked back and everything). So we found my 4-runner on e-bay, bought it, and had it shipped to us. I know, I know, how could we buy a CAR on e-bay!?! But it had a free carfax report (no accidents, part of a leased company fleet) and it specifically said non-smoker and it had many, many pictures showing how great of condition it was in. It took a couple weeks to get it from Texas but it has been a great car.




1 comment:

Shauna said...

Ouch, the poor Saturn! Yes, they are hard to kill!

where you readers come from