Saturday, January 24, 2009

Detroit Auto Show: THE CARS

Well, it's that time of year again.
This post covers a lot of the cool cars that we saw.
As with last year's post, be forewarned that there are a million pictures.


Curt and I taking a breather.



This was a perfectly good F-150 they took a saw to so that we could see the truck guts.
Pretty cool.


They had a bunch of engine and transmission examples out.
Now I want to go to the library and get a book so that I can know what all the parts are and what they do and how they fit together.
Fascinating.


We thought this was cool because it set this time on the salt flats.




They do funny things like put cars on their side and upside down...


...and cut outsides apart...


...just to have them close in on people in novel ways.


Drool. That's all I have to say.


Here's Curt next to a yellow car.
Why his favorite color for a car has to be the one I think is the most obnoxious is beyond me...
:)


I liked this color.





The most hideous Mercedes ever{!}.


This one looks like the batmobile.


same bat-car, also known as the McLaren concept car.


Pretty Mercedes...




Curt with the Smart car...you know...the funny looking smushed cars that only fit 2 people.
Curt is also manly enough {plus sweet enough} to carry my purse for me...at a manly man-filled event like the auto show.
Ahhh, isn't he cute? I think so.


Oh my goodness I think this was my favorite car at the show.
Isn't it gorgeous!?!
{referring to the silver Mercedes above and below}



Meh, Lamborghinis, they're alright. Not my fav.


An old car Curt loves.




Doesn't this Camaro look all evil feline with the red around the headlights?
Pretty awesomely wicked though.


And finally, the Saturn Sky. A car we will possibly own someday it is that cool.

Well, way to go through all of these pictures.
These were the highlight of Curt's trip to the auto show, I'll show mine in the next two posts.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

While looking at this, Scott said, "Ohhhh," a lot. :)

where you readers come from