Friday, April 25, 2008

oh, by the way

For those of you holding your breath in anticipation (just kidding, that was just Curt and I), our house we were selling in Utah closed last Thursday. Wahoo, we no longer have a mortgage. Our buyers got a screaming deal, but we count ourselves lucky too that we didn't have to pay anymore interest, utilities, maintenance, etc, and that we sold before the market really got hit like I think it will in Utah.
Now we keep hanging around in our apartment until we feel we have enough saved up for a massive down payment, U of M tuition for the fall (cross your fingers, Curt finds out if he got in in July), and any other misc expenses, not to mention all of the trips we have planned (Ohio in May, Florida in June, Utah in July, Utah again in September, and one more Florida trip at the end of the year, phew!)
Wow, to put it all out there like that it's a good thing Curt makes mucho dinero.
Now if I could only get my butt in gear and find a job in my field....
Anyone want to start a good remodel? Anyone?...

2 comments:

Karalee Ann said...

Hey Carmen! It's Karalee I found your blog off of your dad and janns! How are you? It's been a long time since I have seen you!! Are you going to grassy? If you are I will see you there!

Carmen said...

Hey Karalee,
Sorry, I've been looking at your blog for a while now, I didn't realize you didn't know about mine. Yeah, we are flying out to come to Grassy, I'm so excited.

where you readers come from