Saturday, March 14, 2009

Loft: Before and After

Little by little I am painting our house.
The "loft" is the room at the top of our stairs that serves as our computer room, library, and entry to three bedrooms, a bathroom, a linen closet, and our laundry room.
We spend a lot of time in this room, so I am very happy to have it done.

Before: behind this wall is our laundry room and master closet.


Before: computer desk.


Before: looking at the entrance to an empty bedroom (right door) and the guest bathroom (left door).


Before: entrance to master, stairs, and guest bedroom (far right)


I did the same paint treatment that I did in my Mom's upstairs. I think that it just feels so warm and cheery. I'll post a how-to tomorrow on doing this kind of painting.


After: computer desk



After: desk and bookshelf


After: entrances to guest bedroom, guest bathroom, and empty bedroom.


After: entrance to master, stairs, guest bedroom.


Here is the finished saying from Right on the Walls.
I blogged about getting it here.



Looks pretty fun, huh?


Close up of the ragging texture.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
Now I have to figure out what room is going to be next, what a happy thing to contemplate.


3 comments:

where you readers come from