Friday, June 7, 2013

our new house...barring any unforeseen problem


So, we're under contract on a house in the Atlanta area.
It's a pretty awesome house that will be a lot better with a few tweaks that I have in mind.
I'm sure I'll come up with even more tweaks after we close on it and live in it.

Pros:
Over an acre and a half, wooded, house set back from street a ways
Plenty of space for the many kids that I want to have
The neighborhood and amenities rock
Schools are the best you can have

Cons:
Longer commute than ideal for Curt
Will probably need a new roof in the next few years

Overall, I'm giddy at the prospect and itching to get my hands on it to make the style more "Carmen"


{forgive the picture quality, I lifted them off of the listing}




Previous owners put on an addition to make it a 4 car garage...sweet, Carmen gets a workshop



The deck has a natural gas line run for the grill.  That's pretty cool.


Room off of the entryway...


Dining room, also off of the entryway...


Kitchen...not really my style, but good space...nice enough counter tops that they're staying even though they're not my favorite. 
We'll see what we can do to the room.





  

Built-ins...love




Powder room on the main level.  I can't decide if I like the wallpaper or not. 


  

Pinkish-red wallpapered master bathroom.  This is coming down as soon as possible.  
Red is the opposite of me.




bedroom...


bedroom...


bedroom...but not, as it is also happens to be the entrance to the large party bonus room that went with the garage expansion.
We'll see how we use the space.


Party bonus room.  Pretty neat. 

 

Upstairs bathroom...


This was an unexpected room that I'm super excited for.  It's an exercise room that is off of the garage space.  Maybe I'll actually start, you know, using that exercise equipment we've gathered over the years.
I can build a cordoned off play area in the corner so I can bring the kiddos.





1 comment:

Sheena said...

Looks great! I'm with you all the way on the red wallpaper. The big triangle window in the bathroom is pretty great though!

where you readers come from