Friday, October 5, 2018

Utah weekend


I was able to head to Utah solo this weekend (because my husband is awesome) to spend time with family and go to my cousin's wedding reception.

I stayed with Dad and Jann Friday night, Dad and I worked on a home they're rehabbing for Jann's sister in Santaquin Saturday morning, we picked up Melynda and headed a couple hours south to the old farm in the afternoon, and then went to Breanna's reception.

I stayed at Mom's Saturday night (she was at Lane and Kinsey's with their kids as they were having a fun trip).
Sunday was Mom's birthday and Melynda and I went to church with her.
We had a quick dinner afterwards and then it was off to the airport.

These short trips are treasures.

{snuggles with Nora girl}



 {Mama and Nixon}

 {I installed these baseboards in the time we were working, Daddy did some plumbing and electrical}

{the farm, nostalgic to explore as it was a big part of my childhood}

 
 {Daddy and some of his trees}

 {my cousin, Breanna's reception} 

 
 {Lynne' and Roger}

 {Uncle Roger and Dad}

 {Uncle Roger, Dad, Aunt Cindy}



 {Uncle Vance and you can see a sliver of Aunt Marsha behind him}


 {Cindy and Sheila}

 {Melynda and Karalee}

The reception was across the street from the care facility that my grandma is staying in, so afterwards we went and visited her.
It was late for her and she was already sleepy, but it was a good day and she was able to recognize me and I was able to tell her I love her.

{late McDonalds dinner}

Sunday morning my body wouldn't let me sleep in (despite having no kids with me), so I was able to witness a spectacular sunrise.






No comments:

where you readers come from