Thursday, May 31, 2018

Europe Trip: Catania, Italy (Sicily)


Catania didn't leave a good impression on my mind.
So I was surprised when I went back to my pictures and saw gorgeous things.
Just know that there were many gross things I didn't take pictures of...namely, dog poop everywhere, pervasive garbage and cigarette butts, and the occasional large splash of vomit.
If you ever happen to book this same cruise, do the excursions at this port that take you somewhere else.
I heard that Taormina was lovely and Mount Etna was interesting to see.
















{notice the volcanic rock...this city is at the base of a volcano and has been buried a couple of times, keeps getting rebuilt}










 


We went back to the ship as some people were still just getting off, so we practically had the place to ourselves. And we may or may not have gotten some sunburn to prove it (in spite of the sunscreen we used).




That night was our second formal night at dinner.



And then we're (mostly me) sticks in the mud and instead of going to shows we cozy up with books.


 {me, happy to get that silly lipstick off}




No comments:

where you readers come from