Saturday, May 22, 2010

5K in Detroit

I ran the 5k in Detroit this morning with some friends. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I did it. The Race for the Cure is a great cause, and it's nice to see so many people supporting it. Here are some quick pictures.With Devonie and Mark afterwards at Hockey Town.
Like the new-do? I buzzed it last night for 'increased aerodynamics', and I think it helped! I finished in 23:40, but it was actually quicker than that because I was tying my shoe when the gun went off, and probably didn't even get to the start line for 30 seconds and was slowed down by lots of other runners.
Soooo many people were there...there were still walkers starting the walk when I finished the run! This is near the starting line.
Cool location, right near Comerica park
The finish line before the race started. Good times.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool, that makes me want to run a race. I actually did 6 miles over the weekend, but I'm not in shape to do that on a regular basis. I know what you mean about big crowds, though. It was probably a minute before I even crossed the starting line when I ran a half-marathon a couple years ago.

where you readers come from