Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let's dissect a picture, shall we?


If this were a spelling bee I would have just gotten "dissect" wrong.

I've spent the last few weeks being a little more social than normal.  It's probably good, development of inter-personal skills and all (and seeing as how it's been so much fun), but sometimes I want to call a full retreat.
At any rate, my home projects haven't moved very far in a while.

So, to fill in the home decorating hole in my heart I am feeling, let's take this picture from my April "House Beautiful" magazine that I am in love with and find what I like and what I don't.
(exhilarating, I know)

wow



Well, first off: I heart these eggs in display cases so much!
They are my favorite colors, they are interesting, and the dome glass covers are just so pretty.
Plus, museum feel.  Like. A lot.


Continuing the theme in the background: covered nests!  How fun.



Uh, I think we already established with my living room wall of pictures that I love the whole repeating dark frame thing.
Plus, I am insane about trees.  Great picture series.



Hello gorgeous multi-story high windows.  I will have you someday.



The only slightly off note (in my opinion)?
I can't look at this light fixture without wanting to reach over and straighten some stuff...It's driving me nuts.





2 comments:

Sheena said...

When I looked at that picture the very first thing I noticed was the windows. They are pretty ridiculously awesome. And I agree about the crooked-esque chandelier. Definitely would be my lighting choice.

Sheena said...

Whoops, forgot to pop in the word "not" to that last sentence. Definitely NOT my choice of lighting.

where you readers come from