Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dressers Redo: Part IV

Earlier steps on this project: Part I, Part II, Part III

Are you ready for a couple before and afters?
(snicker, say "it's about time Carmen")

Here's the before of the dresser I found at the side of the road...


...and here is the after:

I was planning on distressing the finish on that one, but when I got done I just love the antique white. I'll live with it a while and then see if I want to scuff it up a bit or not.


And here is the before of the antique dresser bought for $10 at a yard sale...


...and the after:


I just have to show you some details on this one because I think that it turned out so beautifully.


After I painted two coats of Behr high gloss color matched to Glidden Antique White I took a piece of sandpaper to the details I wanted to highlight.





Serendipity: I found these lovely octagonal drawer pulls at target for $1 something a pull at Target, I thought they went well with the octagonal dresser feet I installed.


Since I'm probably going to make a habit of installing hardware on things, I invested in these templates. Very handy.


So pretty.



So...I was able to show you two before and afters, but you may remember I had a total of four dressers I was working on.

Well, here's where the other two are at:



They are painted antique white and the edges have the lightest of distressing.


I am now searching for the drawer pulls that I want to complete the look I have for them in my head. Something like this, or this, or this.
We'll see.



7 comments:

Lori said...

They look fantastic! Someday I will come back and use your tips to redo our dressers...someday...

Mari said...

I find some nice stuff in the trash, but NEVER large furniture! I'll have to come visit your neighborhood...hahaha. Great job. LOVE the one with mirror.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Great deals & I love the detail on that one dresser. I've got a Power of Paint Party on Wednesdays. I'd love for you to link up your dressers.

Carrie said...

Wow! Great work. You have inspired me to distress the headboard I just made this past fall. I think distressing is the extra touch it needs. Great blog!

Holly said...

Are you selling any of these dressers? They look great!

Carmen said...

Huh, I've never thought about selling these things...mainly because I have so many empty rooms in my home to fill. Maybe someday, as this is so much fun.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words, they mean so much!

Nicole said...

Very cool Carmen! I'm glad you posted the final project. They look great. I hope you're both doing well! Love the picture of Marsha and Vance up there too:)

where you readers come from