Friday, November 2, 2012

shopping for kids clothes

 
I was so pleased with my haul from the consignment shop tonight.
 
 
That is 17 onesies, 4 pairs of pants, 3 footie pajamas, 3 shirts, 3 sweaters, 2 denim dresses, 2 pairs of shoes, a skirt, a dress, and a swim suit.
37 items.
 
Total: $24.80
 
That's an average of 67 cents per item.
 
 
And these are not worn out clothes at all.  Several still had original store tags.
Some people try to tell me that they do just as well shopping sales in the malls...but I just don't buy it.  For less than one hour of my time spent I found this quantity at this price.
 
 
Granted, this was notable, thus the blog post.
...but I typically average around $1-1.50 per clothing item.
 
 
Budgets are sexy, spreadsheets make me giddy, and shopping like this is deeply satisfying.
 
 
Life is good.
 
 


No comments:

where you readers come from