Saturday, November 8, 2008

so close I can taste it

Well, except for the whole electricity issue (and everything that goes along with it, such as a driveway) plus some very minor touch ups, the house is done.

Here is a look at the entry way; the piano room is at the far end on the right, the stairs are on the far end left. To the right is the kitchen, to the left is the living room. You can see the door to the basement at the left side of the picture.


Piano room.


Curt just said "what the heck is around the mirror".
No worries, it is just the reflection of the flash in the beveled edge of the mirror.


Kitchen. With Curt in it.


Kitchen + Dining Area


I didn't realize this until today, but the countertops are the full thickness solid granite.
In a lot of instances the edge would be built up for show, but the rest of the counter would only be about half the thickness.


Looking from the kitchen into the living room.


View out the living room windows. It is rainy.


Fireplace.


Master bedroom.


My pretty window seat.


Vanity in the master bathroom.


Master closet. I'm so excited. Curt is too, he takes up just as much closet space as I do with all of his bulky suits.


Master tub. The shower is behind it.




I spent so much time in the house making sure everything was OK that I found Curt like this.

Hopefully this post isn't so long that you are now in this position :)

Our walk through is on Wednesday.
If DTE fixes stuff this week we're all set to close on the 19th.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting! The house is beautiful! And I absolutely love the last picture of Curt. :)

Carmen said...

Yeah, I love that last picture too. The image of a thousand words...most of those words translating to "can we please go yet!?!"

K Sue said...

Wow!!! What a beautiful house. Congrats on that- you guys look like you are doing great.

blueeyedfreckle said...

gorgeous! You guys are so lucky! I want my own house! And custom-made!

where you readers come from