Monday, March 7, 2016

Health



As a family we've just emerged from a couple month period of health challenges.
Makes me extremely thankful that our 'normal' does not involve ongoing health issues.

We each took a turn with a particularly nasty flu bug (Des landed in the hospital from it), and a cold/respiratory thing infected a few of us also.


So, we hunkered down and became even more reclusive than my already reclusive tendancies. 

There was an additional health thing that I go back and forth on whether I want to share, but will because a) it's significant to my life, I want a record of it, and it would feel inauthentic not to; b) it's a topic not talked about a lot and I think it should be; and c) I've worked through it so putting it on here isn't painful.

I was pregnant with twins (identical!) and miscarried.
I knew it was going to happen a few weeks before it did...we had an ultrasound to help establish a due date and found two babies in the same amniotic sac, but no heartbeats.
I'm thankful that it happened that way so I could process it in my head before I had to process the physical part of it.
Speaking of the physical part of it, that was way worse than I expected.
I wonder why that is? In the past when contemplating the concept of miscarriage my mind always categorized it as a mental trauma (which it is)...the loss of a child. But the physical trauma is there too.

At any rate, Hooray for Spring and new beginnings!

 {coming in for a Salt Lake City landing}
Curt had me take a one day solo trip during all this to see some family
so soothing to my soul
such a good husband




2 comments:

Sheena said...

Carmen, I'm so sorry!

Carolyn said...

I'm so sorry, Carmen! I had a miscarriage a couple of years ago, and it is very hard, both physically and emotionally. I'm glad you could take a couple of days off to be with your family. What a great husband Curt is!

where you readers come from