Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Utah Trip


So, I was just in Utah last month for my grandpa's funeral, but we went again on a trip that has been planned since the beginning of the year.

Our friend, Helaman, was getting married and we figured it would be a good time to visit family.
Little did I know that between my April trip and my May trip my mom would decide to put her house up for sale and start the process of building one out by Melynda...but this trip actually couldn't have been planned better to help with those two items also.


Heidi, Helaman, Me, and Curt

While there mom handled the boy for a night so that Curt and I could go away in celebration of our 6th anniversary, which was earlier in the month.
We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Park City.
And, I am me, so we do have pictures of the hotel room decor...I like the color scheme.

 




view of the hotel and the central pool area from our window.



I thought that the carpet in the hallways was especially neat.


And then Curt flew home and I got into project mode.
On the agenda: 
1) go to the builder's design center and pick out stuff for mom's new house
2) put up a tile back splash in mom's current kitchen
3) clean/stage the house for listing pictures

#s 1 and 2 got done, I felt I could have done a better job if we had more time for #3.
...but even if I had an extra week I could say the same thing so overall I'm really satisfied.
I'll leave you in suspense and not show you pictures until I do a whole post on putting the house up for sale.

Daddy and Jann took us all out to my favorite ice cream place (Leatherby's) for my birthday, which is actually tomorrow...the big 28.
I had a small hot fudge sunday, I absolutely adore their homemade fudge.



My baby, looking like Bono.





 Lane with the two littlest.



 I'll leave you with this pre-kitchen-makeover picture of me and mom.


It was a great trip and was made better by the fact that Des did not cry the entire flight home.


 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm not sure how I missed this post, but when I was looking back to find the one about reasons to get a permit when you're finishing a basement (to share with my mom,) I saw this. It made me happy to see Helaman so happy!

where you readers come from