Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Traditions


As I was putting some sort of thought and effort into Christmas this year away from home, I was thinking about my favorite things that I associate with the season and I found that a lot of them are food related.

First off, the ultimate of these are my Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls Christmas morning.
I made them this year, and I'm pleased with how they turned out.
So pleased, apparently, that I couldn't tear myself away from eating them to take a picture and document them.
Oh well, I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

Another favorite that I associate with the season is my Grandma Topham's peanut brittle.


I overcooked the first batch, plus tried to melt a whole plastic spoon into the mix.
Needless to say it made its way to the trash.
But I assessed what I did wrong and went at it again. The second try turned out much better and just as yummy as I remember it.
Oh dear, the salivation has commenced.

Then I tried a few items that are not traditions, but had the potential...


These were oh so delicious and I do believe they have made the tradition cut.
They are oreo truffles and I will definitely be making more next year.




...this fudge, while pretty, did not make the cut.
Too bad, as it was a really easy recipe.  Oh well, you win some you lose some.


What are some of your traditions?


No comments:

where you readers come from